[Hudlug] Hello guys! Remember me?

Sarah Burgess sarah at myplace.uklinux.net
Sun Apr 22 21:35:20 BST 2007

Hi all,

Remember me?!  I know it's been an awfully long time since I've been to the
meetings (personal reasons that I won't discuss in such a public place).
What's the attendance like nowadays?  Is it still the same old crowd or do
we have some fresh faces?

I have a couple of reasons for getting in touch.  Firstly, I hope I'll be
able to start attending meetings again, and maybe even bring along a friend
or two.  But I didn't just want to turn up out of the blue!

Secondly, I'm thinking of buying a new laptop and wanted some advice as I've
no experience of installing linux on modern hardware.  My existing machines
are rather old!  I'd want to dual-boot windows and debian (or a
debian-derived distro).  Anyone have experience of dual booting with Vista,
or would XP be a better choice?  I'm hopeless at making decisions when it
requires parting with relatively large amounts of cash, so any pointers
would really help ;-)

Hope you're all well, and maybe I'll see you sometime soon, eh?
Cheers,
Sarah.

http://www.myplace.uklinux.net/