[Hudlug] linux + kubuntu + yahoo

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:27:33 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 09:49:14 Dave Naylor wrote:
> Hey Anne
>
> > I have been trying to help a newbie, but he needs to use yahoo mail.  I
> > don'[t know ubuntu at all, but I don't think that's the problem.
>
> It seems a bit OTT for a newbie to be using mail spool files.  Why not
> just use POP3 and configure his Mail Client to use that.  He's going
> to need a client anyway to read the mailbox on his local machine.
>
> Instructions for accessing Yahoo Mail are found on the Yahoo Mail page
> once logged in:
>
> Mail Options --> POP --> Access and Forwarding -->  [POP Settings]

That's exactly what I was trying to help him to do.  However, I don't have a
yahoo login, so couldn't check the settings.  He said that he knew the pop
address and smtp address, including ports, and I took his work for that, but
he didn't know anything about authentication settings, and they are hardest to
guess.

Anne