[Infopoint] Resources

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Sun Jun 13 22:00:54 BST 2004

Well I have just done my first Infopoint at Wolverhampton with Jono,
David, Kat, Adam and Mo of Wolves LUG, it was interesting to see the
(high) level of interest that we got from the attendees..

What was apparent was the need for some suitable resources.  A list that
I built up as we went along was:

1/ Plenty of CD's
I suspect you could give away as many CDs as you take/burn.  We had
Knoppix but it became apparent that it would have been worth having some
Smoothwall Express CDs as well.

2/ A rolling presentation (OpenOffice Impress?) on what Linux is, what
it can do etc. about 2 minutes.

3/ A flyer for your local LUG. I have emailed an OOo document for this
to Jono.  (1/3 A4)

4/ A FAQ sheet on linux with expanded information from the presentation.
1 side of A4 should do.

Does anyone have any of these resources?

Any other suggestions?

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk