[Infopoint] One page Linux manual for Manchester infopoint

Paul Waring paul at rixort.com
Sun May 16 18:43:56 BST 2004

I was wondering if anyone who is going to the Manchester infopoint (or
any other infopoint afterwards) thinks it's a good idea to print off
some simple reference sheets along the lines of the One Page Linux Manual:

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~squadron/

We could then distribute these sheets free with any CDs people buy, or
charge a nominal fee (say 10p) for photocopying costs. This would
hopefully help people to actually get to grips with Linux faster,
because the commands for the common tasks they would perform would be
easily available.

Is this a good idea or not? I'm prepared to write the cheat sheet and
get some photocopies done in time for the Manchester infopoint if people
think it's worthwhile, and I can send a PDF of the finished document to
anyone who wants to use it elsewhere.

Paul