[Infopoint] Hampshire LUG

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Wed Oct 27 18:22:24 BST 2004

Tony Whitmore wrote:

> Jono Bacon wrote:
>
>> If you are interested in doing Infopoints in the areas you indicated,
>> have a look at the list of dates on the organiser's website and put
>> in your requests on
>> http://infopoint.jonobacon.org/index.php/Infopoint_Request_Page - I
>> will then collate the requests and call the organisers to book the
>> Infopoints.
>

> Thanks Jono, I've signed us up for one at the end of the month. We
> want to make sure that we can cope with one before committing to many
> more. However, we have had some positive responses from the mailing
> list so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to do them regularly.

It is recommended to do one and see how you get on. One tip is to ensure
you have a good few of you there so one person is not stuck on the stand
for the entire fair. It is best for someone to do a shift of a few hours
and have the flexibility to wander around. I would recommend at least
three people for an Infopoint and more if possible. The more people the
more fun it is anyway!!

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer