[Infopoint] Ubuntu Live CD

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Sun Oct 31 16:07:01 GMT 2004

Katherine Goodwin wrote:
> With all the joy that I've had with ubuntu so far, I've decided that,
> subject to a bit of testing, I'm going to use that as the LiveCD for our
> infopoints.  However, I can't find any information about it on the
> ubuntu site.  I seem to remember that it has the openCD windows software
> on it too, but want some details for my lovely new labels...
>
> does anyone on the ubuntu mailing list have any more details for me?
> thanks
MMmmmm, I don't actully see a lot of details about that on the site.  I
guess that's  job for monday.  Here are the details of the windows
software sent to the ubuntu dev list last month.

http://releases.ubuntu.com/warty/warty-release-live-i386.iso

windows software includes

  * Abiword (word processor)
  * Audacity (audio editor)
  * Firefox (web browser)
  * Gimp (image processor)
  * OpenOffice.org (office suite)
  * PDFCreator (create PDF files from any Windows application)
  * Thunderbird (email)

plus you get one hell of a distro.

sparkes
--
<davee> "Sparkes, the Pete Best of LugRadio"