[Infopoint] IRC Channel

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 13:03:18 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 09:47:00AM +0000, Jono Bacon wrote:
> As for the website, I was thinking we really need to move it to
> infopoint.org or something. It may also be better to give someone else
> the reigns in its admin - I just don't have the time at the moment
> unfortunatly.

I looked into this a few days ago and infopoint.org and infopoint.org.uk are
both registered. Like Jono I'd like to see the project expand to beyond the UK
in time, so I thought a .org domain was most suitable. So I've registered
infopointproject.org. Passes the telephone test, even if there are a few Os
and Ps.

We can do what we like with this domain, really. As mentioned I'm happy to
offer hosting on my box in Mayfair. Jono has said on the IRC channel that he's
happy for some load to be taken off Angel. We've also discussed moving the
wiki content across. Jono's skinned media wiki for the LRL06 pages to make
them look something not like mediawiki, which I think would be something we
should do for the InfoPoint wiki.

I need to investigate the plugins for Mediawiki and see if they support web
admin for the all important banned strings and hosts features. The other
option is to migrate to a different wiki like AbuseMode, which also has things
like single click roll backs, removing of spam from diffs etc. I would be
quite happy for this administration functionality to be available to anyone
active on this list.

Tony