[Infopoint] Update on British Computer Fairs

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 20:57:18 GMT 2005

I attended the computer fair run by BCF in Southampton recently, and
established that BCF are no longer running any other fairs in Hampshire.
They used to run four, but are now only running the Southampton venue.
(Although there were some empty tables at this venue, we have previously
been told that they are unlikely to confirm availability until the week
of the fair - making it difficult to plan an InfoPoint.)

However, one of the traders at the fair is setting up some smaller fairs
in Hampshire and we are planning on having InfoPoints at them. He seems
very keen (but not keen enough to give us a free table, sadly) and
hopefully the fairs will be sufficiently busy to warrant their continuing.

Now that we have a contact in BCF, it may also be easier to arrange for
InfoPoints to take place at the BCF fair in Southampton.

Tony