[Infopoint] Is this list working?

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 11:28:21 GMT 2005

Alan,

Yes the list is working.

alan c wrote:
> I sent a message to this list over 2 days ago, and I got a bot reply
> saying it was being moderated
> because
>
> Message has been trapped by our spam filter and needs approval.

That implies that the list is working. As with all lists on
mailman.lug.org.uk there is a spam filter that traps dodgy mail for
moderator approval. It's the same with HantLUG and is documented in the
Mailing List page on the wiki. AFAIK Jono is the only moderator on the
list and I'm guessing he's not clicked the appropriate button yet.

> I can not see why it would activate a spam filter,

The spam filters are complex and rate your mail on a number of different
characteristics.

> but anyway, it is
> significantly slowing down my need to make contact with British Computer
> Fairs about a proposed event ib Bracknell for December 11th.

I'd ask you not to approach BCF yourself as we are trying to reassert
the original arrangement, which has lapsed basically due to lack of
interest. It's good to know that there is another team we can give as
interested, though.

Tony