[Infopoint] Wiki graffiti

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun Nov 27 22:32:19 GMT 2005

Tony Whitmore wrote:
>  Jono Bacon wrote:
>
> > I am happy for the site to move over to some alternative hosting if
> > you want. Let me know what you want to do - if you want it to stay
> > where it is, I will install an anti-spam plugin.
>
>  What do you think people?

Please do whatever is going to be effective at least effort. no problems
with me. preferably a system which needs minimum effort to maintain and
not weed spam manually.

I confess I am not very experienced with the uses of a wiki. yet.

I am much more familiar with  the yahoogroups type of approach where
membershipo is/can be open, but new incoming members have full moderated
messages until the moderator is satisfied that their membeship is a
genuine one, then the message moderation is removed from them
completely. Any significant problems generally (later) usually is rare
and would be likely to lead to membership removal with probably no
negotiation.

regards and thanks
alan c