[Infopoint] Bracknell BCF event etc

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 19:42:03 GMT 2005

alan c wrote:
> Tony Whitmore wrote:

>> > How many CDs and of what, do you expect to move at a busy event?
>>
>>  I have precise figures and a neat graph I will make available for you
>>  this evening,

Here it is:
http://www.streetend.force9.co.uk/misc/infoart/2005-11-28-192113_1400x1050_scrot.png

I should add that the initial set up costs would have been much more but
a lot of blank CDs and printing was donated by LUG members. You can see
our initial setup costs took three InfoPoints to recover. After that we
purchased the parts for our vertical banners. You can also see that
somewhere between 5 and 15 CDs or CD sets is our normal "shift". Now, I
readily accept that this will be different at busier fairs, but my
comments about the regulars at computer fairs not taking away CDs every
time still stands. Kat has commented on this list about it before - you
get the same people coming back and this isn't good for selling CDs.
It's great for the advocacy side though - you get to chat to them every
time. :)

> I will be suggesting to the BCF that if costs can be covered, then more
> CDs etc will be available, since even domestic 'production' has minimal
> costs to be supported. More CDs will benefit the event, attenders, and
> the sucess of the Fair generally. I am hopeful they will consider this
> carefully.

Yes, me too. Although I must admit that assurances (even backed up with
proof if necessary) that the event is non-profit making, different from
their existing traders and about advocacy rather than sales would
hopefully be sufficient. I think the important thing to remember when
dealing with BCF is that the things you say will impact their
relationship with other InfoPoint stands.

Tony