[Infopoint] ANNOUCEMENT - New wiki online

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 07:28:53 GMT 2006

As discussed in the IRC Channel thread, the new wiki is now set up. It's
a stock 1.5.3 Mediawiki with the Drupal skin and the Spam Blacklist
extension. I've migrated the existing wiki content across to it (and
despammed the original wiki yet again at the same time.)

I think it's important for the site to look a _little_ slicker than the
stock mediawiki skin, especially if we're trying to encourage new people
to take part in the project: We need to give ourselves a veneer of
organisation. :) If anyone has a better looking skin or can design one,
let me know. The wiki is at:

http://infopointproject.org/wiki/

I'd be grateful for any feedback on this site. Please let me know if
anything breaks.

Assuming people are happy to move to the new domain, I'll make members
of this list admins on the wiki, but you'll need to create an account on
the wiki first I'm afraid. If you do and want to admin the wiki, please
let me know. Admins will be able to update the Spam Blacklist page - an
important thing to be able to do.

Again, if people are happy to move to this new domain, we can add any
extra facilities that people feel are necessary like a Gallery or Planet
installation. If you think of anything the project needs, just shout.

Cheers,

Tony

P.S. Reposted for people who missed it under its old subject line.