[Infopoint] OT magic and mirrors - was Bracknell Computer Fair Sun. 8-1-06

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu Jan 12 10:42:35 GMT 2006

alan c wrote:
> > Tony Whitmore wrote:
[...]
> > and you did actually reply to that mail, so it's not unreasonable
> > to assume you've read it through before replying?
> >

>  LOL I know. And your logic is correct.
>
>  It is surprising the difference between what is read and what is
>  seen, not always the same :-) (ask Darren Brown) I note that the
>  word 'new' was also in parenthesis, which is about as far from my
>  attention grab as it would go (!)

I have found an article which impressed me about  this - off topic from
Infopoint, but relevant to publicity

===================================
Bursting the magic bubble
Psychologists now recognise that magicians know an awful lot about how
people perceive the world. Alok Jha finds out how an audience lets
itself be tricked

Thursday July 28, 2005
The Guardian <http://www.guardian.co.uk>*

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/feature/story/0,13026,1536988,00.html