[Infopoint] The state of the (Infopoint)?

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 21 21:12:02 BST 2007

> I think a better person to target would be a business user.  Which
> obviously means there's some money in it for the consultants working
> the fairs which can only be a good thing for the longevity of the
> project.

Seconded - we're helping in the Autumn with a couple of events aimed at
introducing business and social enterprise users to Free Software, in
North Wales.

Normally we're at voluntary sector events, where we find a very non-
technical audience, but one unafraid to talk about ethical choices, and
community values :-)

btw on the subject of alternatives to computer fairs to reach home
computer users, my nearest town has an annual event during which
most local community organisations have stands passing out information
about their activities, and looking for more involvement. My local,
geographically-disparate LUG might not be the best for this sort of
Fayre - but it could be the sort of event that's ideal for other
Infopoint members.

Cheers,

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                        +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2[TM] Project Management
Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office: 4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org