[Infopoint] more Interest gathering - a change

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun Jul 8 21:31:29 BST 2007

I mostly display monthly at my very local computer fair, and over more
than a year, interest has gathered a little momentum.

However,  just recently there has been a quickening of interest from
otherwise non techie computer users.

At today's event someone came up and said how delighted he was that
the (last event's CD) worked so well (Kubuntu I think). A couple of
others said they had seen media coverage. One spent a long time asking
and watching about what was an operating system and what the interest
was about - this was someone who used a PC but never touched it
technically, a friend did that. A grey haired man took a CD because of
interest,  and also his 16 year old nephew (?) said he would rather be
dead than use ms.....

There might not actually be a sea change but the water is beginning to
lap around the ankles. If you are able to proceed with Infopoint
displays, this can be a good time.

Good luck!
--
alan cocks