[Infopoint] Infopoint website

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 21:12:20 GMT 2008

Hi,

I host the infopointproject.org website. I don't know what to do about
it. On the one hand, upgrading mediawiki for each of the regular
security releases is a pain. On the other hand, the stupor the project
is currently in doesn't make me inclined to invest a lot of time in
migrating the wiki to something more maintainable. (I've actually
installed dokuwiki but haven't migrated any content.)

I can complete the conversion if people think its worthwhile. But the
front page is very out-of-date and AFAIK the only person doing anything
under the infopoint "banner" is Alan Cocks. I'd love to have the time to
do more in Hampshire, but really don't.

I'm happy to keep the domain renewed for now but the options for the
website are:
1) Keep it as it is. (I'd rather not do this due to all the mediawiki
security upgrades.)
2) Move to another wiki engine or CMS. I'd suggest dokuwiki.
3) Replace the site with some static HTML pages.
4) Shut the site down.

What do people think?

Tony