[Infopoint] talks etc

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 4 22:01:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 21:49 +0100, alan c wrote:
> > If you've blogged about it, could you post a
> > link, please?

> I have not blogged. Unfortunately, being retired means I do not have
> any spare time.....
> :-)

That's why I keep going - with 5 social enterprise
start-up ideas keeping me busy, I don't have time
for any of the things I've planned for my eventual
retirement ;-)

> I then took it to the shutdown state and made the statement that this
> machine did not have a hard drive fitted(!) And  taking the side off,
>   showed the unconnected cables. This situation is a bit of a shock to
> Windows users.
[snip]

It sounds a great demonstration :-)
I hope you don't mind if I "pinch" some of it for use
myself, sometime :)

> Culture shift happens slowly. The club newsletter received my offer
> to 'adventurous' computer users. I was shocked to find that one of the
> club senior people believed that there were dangers in publicising the
> free software to the unsuspecting members. This is ongoing, however I
> responded with a dignified but very assertive reply.

Misconceptions are everywhere - as a vegan, Welsh, Free-Software-
advocating, choral-singing, organic grower, I encounter my
fair share ;-)

 - Richard

--
Richard Smedley                              PRINCE2 Project Management
                                              Sustainable 3rd Sector IT