[IOML] Bind 9..

Hall, Chris Chris.Hall at isd.treasury.gov.im
Wed May 7 10:43:01 2003

Does anyone out there have a clue how to get this thing to work?
I have key-genned with success, entered it in the rndc.conf file and rndc
reload reloads named.
BUT...If i try to DIG the server the only response i can get from it is if i
DIG the specific zone name - ie:
  dig @10.0.0.253  0.0.127.in-addr.arpa ANY

and it gets a full response.
Not only that, but if i dig on the "." hint zone i can get ip's from within
the file but it doesn't return and hostnames.
And i can't use nslookup - been replaced in my distro.
Two other zones don't appear to work at all.
What the smeg is going on?
What was wrong with Bind 8 - it worked ok for me!!!!
I haven't included any files as: i'm at work and i dont have them with me
and they follow the format laid out for bind8 from the same book i used to
get my bind8 running and there are only entries for the nameserver/domain
server/nfs server (same box).
I have four zones;  two localhost (fwd/rev) the "." hint and domain fwd (no
domain rev as yet as it doesn't work properly yet going fwd!!!)
Any hints or things to try would be marvellous.
Cheers