[IOML] Shell/Perl/Whatever script wanted

Simon Booth simon.booth at felikz.net
Thu Jul 21 08:07:58 BST 2005

Thanks Dylan,

I will have a go at knocking something up in Perl, it seems like it will
do the trick.  Maybe if I explain why I want this it may help others
have some ideas of how I could achieve this goal.

Basically, I am in the process of making a physical vulnerability
assessing tool, i.e. a black box.  The idea is that this can be used to
assess network traffic and perform some assessments on machines inside a
LAN.  The reason that I want to be able to find an outward bound proxy
is because I want to be able to get a reverse shell from the machine
(using cryptcat and tunnelling it over HTTP using gnuhttptunnel).  This
I believe is the most sure-fire way of getting a connection out as
whilst most companies block a lot of traffic they generally allow HTTP.

Obviously I'm not going to be sneaking around poping this box on network
connections I find around offices on the island, but, I already have a
few UK customers interested in internal VA's and as I already work full
time on the island it would make sense to use this technology to simply
send out to them and have it contact my machines here and give me a
reverse shell.  This also means that they don't have to change any
security at their end.

I can get around this function by requesting the information from the
client before I send the box out, but, it would just be much better to
be able to automatically find a route out to the internet.

One thing I guess I can't get around is if the client uses
authentication on the proxy so obviously that is a scenario where they
would have to provide some credentials, but, I'm not sure how mainstream
that is.

Scanning for proxies in the way you described outside of a /24 shouldn't
be too difficult either, if I think about the code correctly.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Simon

P.S. Wonder if rather than writing a Perl app to do the scanning it
would be quicker/easier to grep some NMap results ?