[IoMLUG] Plans for Software Freedom Day - Saturday 21st September

Dan Wood mr.dan.wood at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 08:04:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

The date has rolled around into August now, and I don't feel like we've
made much headway with planning for Software Freedom Day on 21st September.

So far I've registered IoMLUG at http://softwarefreedomday.org and done a
short piece on Manx Radio. [ Link to audio: http://is.gd/iomlug ]

I think the next step should be to secure the actual venue for the event.
***Is anyone on this list able to help?*** (Please!)

Central Douglas, with 'conference' type facilities and internet access
would be best.
People have made a few suggestions for venues:
* A room in premises on North Quay - Nathan, please could you confirm that
this offer is still available?
* Isle of Man College
* The Forum, Mount Havelock, Douglas - Does anyone on the list have any
contacts with the MEF who could check this one out for me?

Once we know where to hold the SFD event, we can then start on planning
exactly how we want to run it.
It would be helpful if you could let me know if you're free on that date
and want to help out with anything.

[It's helpful if any email replies also go to iom at iomlug.org.uk so that we
can all keep up with the planning conversations together.]

Thanks in advance,
Dan.