[IoMLUG] Software Freedom Day - Planning - Update & Help Please!

Dan Wood mr.dan.wood at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 07:52:44 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'm writing to update you with the planning for our Software Freedom
Day event on Saturday 21st September.

We've been offered a nice venue on North Quay, Douglas in which to
hold our event. This seems like a good location to me in terms of
parking, transport links etc.
There are a few pictures posted here so you can get some idea of what
is on offer: http://imgur.com/a/cuYTk

Unfortunately I had to make an unplanned trip off-island to assist a
family member who had been rushed in to hospital, so I wasn't able to
make any enquiries about the other suggestions people made. Thank you
to all for those ideas though.

With their now being less than a month to Software Freedom Day, I'd
like to propose that we accept the offer of using Nadine House on
North Quay.
Please post to the list ASAP if you disagree strongly, and are
prepared to sort an alternative.

So, with the venue almost sorted we now need to think about the event
itself. Please could you post to the list and let me know:

1. Are you able and willing to volunteer some time on Saturday 21st September?
2. Do you have any 'demo' of Free Software you could bring? Is there a
talk or presentation you can deliver?

Once I know who can help, and what skills we have it should be
reasonable easy to sort out a schedule for the day and then we can all
start on the publicity.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Dan