[IoMLUG] Software Freedom Day 2014

Dan Wood mr.dan.wood at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 15:33:57 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Some of you will remember that last year we did a short spot on Manx
Radio, and had a meet up in Douglas to spread the message about using
Free Software.

This year, we'll be doing a similar thing based at the Isle of Man
Code Club on Saturday 20th September between 4pm and 6pm.

I've said that we'll give a talk about what Software Freedom means,
and show some examples of Free software to people. There's also the
possibility of following this up a week later with some Linux installs
if there is enough demand.

So, does anyone want to volunteer to give the talk?!

Even if not, it'd be good to see you there. I've not seen some of you
since last year!

Cheers,
Dan.