[Klug-general] RAID OF DEATH!!!

Stuart Buckland stuart at nightime.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 14:30:28 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 13:13 +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> Please, anyone with some raid knowledge must be able to help!!!
>
> I was testing my raid array, raid5 8x250Gb maxtor disks. all SATA, i
> used raidsetfaulty /dev/mn0 /dev/sdd now that disk doesn't work at
> all!!!!
>
> Does raidsetfaulty do something to the disk? Any help much appreciated.

When you say 'doesn't work at all' do you mean it doesn't work in the
array again or do you mean it's totally stopped functioning even as a
single drive?

If it's just stopped working in the array then you should be able to
make it active again with raidhotadd <array> <drive> or something like
that.

Stu

Stu