[Klug-general] Slow FTP in SuSE9.0

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 11:53:53 GMT 2004

Hi,

Here's a strange one....

FTP to a particular server from a SuSE9.0 box transfer at 35kb/s! On two of my SuSE8.0 boxes i get over 100kb/s.

I've ploughed through pages of Googles and found that there is mention of the ipv6 slowing things down under this version. Now the module is loaded on all three boxes although they could be differnt versions. I'm going to try and switch off ipv6 on the 9.0 box and see what happens.

In the meantime any other ideas?

Cheers
Kev,

--
The Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the
use of the addressee only.  Unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution