[Klug-general] Book for total newbie?

Chris Wigzell chris at wigzells.ndo.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 18:36:56 GMT 2004

Hi!
I am Chris Wigzell, a retired person.  I am mainly a lurker on this
newsgroup, and have not yet managed to get Linux running fully on my
computer. I have SuSe 9.1 (a free DVD), but need to install a driver for
my modem.  I have the driver, but have failed to work out how to install
it.  Can anyone recommend a small, simple (and cheap, I am a pensioner)
book that will help me to do the kind of things you lot seem to be able
to do without any effort at all?
I will try to come to the next meeting (Where is it? Maidstone?) and
bring my computer, but I would prefer to learn how to do things myself.
Regards,
Chris