[Klug-general] Why no USB (camera)

Peter peter at sheppey.free-online.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 01:00:12 BST 2005

Kevin Groves wrote:

> Peter wrote:
>
>> Sorry I ignored your last message. A host of problems cropped up
>> elsewhere and took over for a while.
>>
> Thats OK I've been a bit busy too...
>
>> Anyway ignoring this problem has made it go away. Not only does the
>> camera plug in without any trouble but a card reader which had always
>> refused to work runs perfectly now. I suppose a bug in FC3 has been
>> sorted.
>

> Sounds a bit fishy though but I'm glad it's OK now.

It's not as fishy as you might think. Fedora Core 3 had all sorts of
minor defects when I first downloaded it. In KDE "Find Files" kept
freezing, when I powered down it wouldn't turn the computer off - it
just hung and little problems like that. Nothing drastic or fatal, just
unfinished. I've downloaded all the updates as they've appeared and FC3
has turned into a much more polished and professional looking operating
system.

I've nearly finished converting to Linux, using it 90% of the time now
and I certainly I prefer using it to Windows 98 or XP.

Peter.