[Klug-general] Upgrades without Broadband

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 14:12:43 GMT 2005

On Saturday 05 Feb 2005 13:41, Peter wrote:
> When I wrote about downloading large upgrade files I'm afraid I didn't
> make myself clear.
>
> A friend and I both use Fedora Core 3 and dial up modems. We download
> large files  at an internet cafe onto CD then transfer them to the
> up2date folder on our machines.
>
> What would be nice would be for us to share the download  of medium
> sized files to effectively cut the download time in half. Unfortunately
> the Update Agent seems to delete the downloaded  RPMs or at least
> convert them to HDRs. Is there a way of  getting  the Redhat Update
> Agent to save  a copy of the RPMs which could be  transferred to disk?

Peter.
If you're prepared to use yum and contact me offlist I can provide 2 cd's
worth of FC3 updates since 10-11-04 in a yum repository. All you would have
to do would be to copy them over to your machine and run 'yum -y update'
after installing my little custom yum repo.

Sharon.
--
 14:08:50 up 9 days,  5:54,  1 user,  load average: 1.23, 1.42, 1.27
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html