[Klug-general] PHP Uploads

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 07:21:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

This is driving me mad. Note sure if it's a system config error, it's
late and I'm tired or my PHP is wrong....

Trying to upload a file with the <input type="file" name="testfile"> tag.

I gather I should have, on page submission some global vars such as
'testfile', 'testfile_name' and 'testfile_size'. Is that right?

I try to echo them but get nothing. There is no suitable pause on page
submission to sugest the files are being upload (ok local webserver but
I should get something) even with a half meg file. It just returns
instantly.

My php.ini does have 'upload file' switched on and there no files being
thrown away in I can see them.

For this to work do I *have* to process the data stream which is why the
page is falling out? I hate this is kind of thing, it's *SO* easy doing
this in Coldfusion!

Thanks for any pointers....

Kev,