[Klug-general] Neverwinter Nights and ........ argh!

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 21:58:09 GMT 2005

Sharon Kimble wrote:

>On Wednesday 19 Jan 2005 19:24, Joe Beard wrote:
>

>>Can you run any other OpenGL games, like tuxracer? if you can then it
>>points to not being an xorg config problem (i think)
>>

>Thanks Joe, no, I can't run 'tuxracer' .... but thats because I don't have it
>installed. Can't play 'quake2' nor 'Quake 3 arena' although they are
>installed. Does that help?
>
>Sharon.

Would suggest your 3d setup in particular is messed. What about checking
out your OpenGL libs etc. Q2/3 should work and is perhaps the best way
of trying things out as it does tend to tell you more than NWN.

You have Depth 24 which I found was the key problem for NWN (BTW just
finished the second add on a couple of days ago - boy what a hard task
it was!).

Do you still have my X config I sent you before? I dont think it's that
but most of the nvidia drivers should be fine. I've run from 4496 to the
most recent so I would point the finger more towards OpenGL etc.

Kev,

--
Kevin Groves                               VAT No: 776 2747 86
kSoft Creative Projects                    Tel/Fax: 01304 210153