[Klug-general] Hello and an introduction

Andrew Scott andrew_d_scott_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 21:53:45 BST 2005

Greetings,

I'm writing to introduce myself to the list, and add
my thanks to Kevin Groves who is proving to be a warm
and generous host ;)

The main reason I've asked to join this list is to
access the expertise in the local community about
Linux issues. It's my hope that I can give something
back too.

I run a small and modest home network consisting of:
- an Alcatel 4 port ethernet router / modem with
firewall and dhcp;
- a 'workstation': an i686 800MHz - ish with some 600
MB RAM and 40GB HD running SuSe 9.1 pro;
- a 'client': a similar spec machine with 256 MB RAM
running Knoppix 3.4.

This supplies our entire family computing needs to
four people for: web sufing, email, WP and basic
office functions, IM chat, video conferencing, photo
archive and processing, and various edutainment
purposes. We've been MS-free for well over 18 months.
Personally, I have been running Linux on and off since
1992 - 0.99pl10 - and have a modest development
background, though I am fulfilling another type of
role right now.

I've got a ton of questions to pester you fine folks
with, but feel it only right if I hve introduced
myself first. I'm based in Tunbridge Wells; if anyone
local on this list would like to make themselves know,
I'd be delighted if you could email me off list.

Thanks,

Andrew Scott