[Klug-general] Ubuntu and Kabuntu

Graham gct3 at f2s.com
Sun Jun 19 19:08:19 BST 2005

Does anone use either of these distros?  Ubuntu is the most popular
distro on Distrowatch.com, and they are quite clear: they distrubute
their own CDs for free so that you can copy them and distribute them
for free.  Why don't more Linux distros promote their version of the OS
in this way?

Ubuntu comes with the Gnome desktop but you can add KDE from their
depositories...or use Kubuntu which is Ubuntu based on KDE.  Based on
Debian, they seem to use the sudo system rather than the traditional
root/user system.  Their apt-get depositories seem right up to date,
though.

Has anybody who used either Ubuntu and Kubuntu have anything down to say
about the distros?  Are they worth using?  I'm seriously thinking of
updating my Libranet set up but I have found so many problems that I'm
thinking of starting again.  Ubuntu seems a good candidate with KDE
added, but I'm trying to find feedback.
--

Graham