[Klug-general] Ubuntu and Kabuntu

Frank Attwood frank_attwood at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 09:34:58 BST 2005

I've got ubuntu running under VMware and it's pretty good. Debian for Kids
is maybe a little harsh but is has to be said that it is an easy system to
use. The add/remove programs dialog, clean gnome interface - in yucky 70's
brown - and Synaptic package management make for a system that's great for
fist time linux users, people coming from windows or for anyone that just
wants a desktop that's quick to install and start working with. It would
make a good business distro.

I know nothing about Libranet but if you're looking for a change I'd say
that Ubuntu is well worth a look at, although if your heart is set on Debian
I'd have a look at Mephis as well

Dan