[Klug-general] Ubuntu and Kabuntu

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 19:14:19 BST 2005

Frank Attwood wrote:

>One, two, three, four I declare a flame war.
>
>Deb, Rpms, Yast, Exe, Sit; hell they're all cool so long as they work, work
>well and are easy. All you hard core coders can go muck around with any
>system you can dream off but me and 95% of the rest of the population just
>want to double click, install and get on with it- all the rest of the behind
>the scenes stuff just really doesn't matter to us.

Quite right. I've been up to my elbows in code for nearly 20 years and
once I got into the real world I soon found no one pays for elegant
solutions - only ones that work, and quickly.

Thats not to say it's not relevant, yes in some situations where clarity
is key but for the most part it's sod it, lets get it out there. It's
not an excuse for bad coding, design or implentation; just is it
*really* going to make any difference.

I'll stop now. Just rambling after interviewing lots of people and
having to deal with a *really* flaky wireless connection screwing up
everything used across it.

Kev,

--
Kevin Groves                               VAT No: 776 2747 86
kSoft Creative Projects                    Tel/Fax: 01304 210153