[Klug-general] Cups - Admin Password

Ritchie Fraser ritchie at rpfraser.uklinux.net
Thu Jun 23 00:41:41 BST 2005

All,

I'm afraid I've been a numb-nuts and forgotten my admin password to allow me
to administer CUPS locally. How can I reset this? Which User does CUPS use
(is it lp?).

I am trying to add/configure a printer via the CUPS web interface and it is
requesting a username and password. I've supplied all of the combinations of
root / lp and possible passwords and still cant gain access. This is really
frustrating, I knew the username/passsword just a couple of weeks ago and now
I seem to have forgot it.

All pointers, hints or just instruction IS appreciated.

Yours

Ritchie

--
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on
people.