[Klug-general] Re: .NET

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Thu Mar 3 21:42:03 GMT 2005

Check elreg, i think you'll find that ebay dropped out of the .net
passport scheme coz it was costing too much. mono/.net as a platform is
still quite strong. Still tipping toward the microsoft end but as it has
been accepted and the language specs are pretty complete i think
microsoft would rather watch it roll under its own steam then just wipe
the slate clean for vb.net and asp.net, and what about c# which _IS_ .net?

would you like to put billions of dollars into a project then ditch it.
.net passport was an easy escape but .net platform is too widespread for
them to stop supporting it

Karl,