[Klug-general] mysql with OpenOffice

Patrick patrick at patricknet.net
Mon Mar 14 15:43:53 GMT 2005

For a start ODBC stands for Open DataBase Connectivity - it is a Microsoft
standard for accessing different database systems from Windows, for instance
Oracle or SQL.
As usual many platforms are trying to be compatible (same as they did with
SMB) with various degrees of success.

More information on this at http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/ODBC.html

You can also have a read http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/OOoMySQL.pdf which is
probably exactly what you are after even tho it does relate to a previous
version of Open Office
I am attempting such a connection as we speak.

If you feel you are drowning gimme a bell and if you can travel then by all
means do come and we will sort out your problem ;-)

Cheers

/Patrick

Patrick Regnouf
12, Connaught rd
Margate, Kent
CT9 5TN
Tel: 01843 571 384

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
you
of
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender
by
reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not
consent to
Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.