[Klug-general] Alternatives to Spam Assassin?

Athon Solo athon at athon.me.uk
Wed Mar 16 22:05:34 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I am currently running a Qmail Rocks email server (see
www.qmailrocks.org), but am having problems with Spam Assassin chewing
up all the memory (50MB per thread according to top).

Can anyone recommend any less intensive alternatives, preferably easy to
use with lots of documentation and a good community =)

BTW I hope to make it to next months meeting. I'm expecting my shiny new
laptop to arrive this week after the screen died on my old one and I
spent too many hours surfing ebay trying to find replacements.

I subsequently had a nice field day ripping it apart to look at its
layout (there's not THAT much damage - and probably none of it is
permanenent - a metal panel thats main purpose seems to be to hold the
HSF in place is bent and I accidentally pulled off the BIOS battery
mount. I also pulled apart the screen surround to get to the bit that
supposedly needs replacing (I ordered a part off ebay, took the laptop
to pieces and  it turned out to be the wrong part), but that should be
easily fixable with duct tape, superglue or a similar solution if the
screws don't hold it well enough.

I now have a stick of RAM, a spare HDD and a spare battery. I'm hoping
the battery and RAM will fit my new laptop (OLD: HP/Compaq Evo N1015v,
New: HP nx9105).

TIA

Allen