[Klug-general] What you dont do is...

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Fri May 13 15:45:32 BST 2005

RAID is run to play with. Yank a drive out and put another in but in
this case I (or someone else) hasdnt screwed in the external tape drive
cables and when I moved the box the cable came out taking the SCSI chain
with it.

All OK now but I've learnt a bit more about RAID today.

Next problem is installing Novell 6.5 on a new IBM xSeries. I used to
like these machines but the last two we've bought have a very strange
BIOS which stops you from doing anything useful with IRQs. The machine
assigns most devices to the same IRQ and it supposedly sorts things out
but if you put any cards in such as SCSI or dense modem the machines
play up big time and we all think it's due to IRQ conflicts.

I'm *really* not happy with these new machines.

--
The Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the
use of the addressee only.  Unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution