[Klug-general] What you dont do is...

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Fri May 13 16:20:53 BST 2005

Karl Lattimer wrote:

>Been there myself Kevin, simulated a failure and took out the wrong disk
>when the server was running, then in my panic took out another disk that
>i believed to be the correct one, then oh bugger that was the wrong one
>too, tried to get the raid to re-admit the disks into the array with no
>luck and then I managed to stupidly remove more disks without thinking
>about any consequences, panic destroys raid, you must be at one with the
>raid.
>
>Well after the raid had well and truly been screwed by panic i tried to
>rebuild the server, it booted straight away with the same disks put back
>in...

Oh yes. I've been through RAID for real before so I knew panic would be
a bad thing.

I was too luckly.

Shame it's just run out with this other damn machine. Unfortunatly I
dont have a window to throw it through.

Kev,

--
The Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the
use of the addressee only.  Unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution