[Klug-general] Crisis Meeting

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Tue May 17 09:56:27 BST 2005

Margot wrote:

> Why not keep to *monthly* meetings, but circulating round different
> towns & villages, so the whole of Kent is covered in the course of a
> year? After all, we are supposed to be *Kent* LUG, not *Maidstone* LUG.

Depends on how it's going to be arranged. If it's say me arranging a
meet once a month in different locations which I know little about I
think it will soon get too much to keep going. If someone local was to
pick and arrange the location in advance then that would be better.

Also once a month in differnt locations would probably stop regulars
coming as it would be too much, so we would have to rely on locals
boosting the numbers.

Or as an alternative bi-monthly. I dont think more often if the location
keeps changing.

> I've never been to a meeting - I'd like to, but Maidstone is just too
> far to travel, particularly in the evenings. A daytime (Sat or Sun)
> meeting near to me once or twice a year would be much better - I could
> get to Sevenoaks, maybe even as far as Tonbridge.
>
> People who are able to travel further would be able to get to more of
> the meetings, but it would be nice if everyone could have at least one
> "local" meeting in a year. Advertising the "local" meetings might even
> attract some new members!

Well this is it really. The turnout has always been too variable and I
think it's the distance and lack of decent transport connections.

I think it's time we change tack as this isnt working.

Of course if anyone has any strong feelings against this change then
speak up please.

Kev,

--
The Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the
use of the addressee only.  Unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution