[Klug-general] re-compiling the kernel

frank attwood frank_attwood at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:52:00 GMT 2005

Hi all

I decided to take the plunge and give re-compiling ago, something which up
untill now i've always avoided. I'm alos driven by the disire to get my
Avermedia usb dvb tv box working.

I'm using Mandriva 2006 and currently running the 2.6.12-12mdk kernel
These are the steps i've tried;

I went into the /usr/src/linux-2.6.12-12mdk folder
Opened up a konsole prompt and SU'd to root
entered xconfig and enabled support for my athlon and the DVB drivers
run 'make modules modules_install'

and then of it goes recompling until it gets to the output posted below, it
then stops

INSTALL sound/soundcore.ko
  INSTALL sound/synth/emux/snd-emux-synth.ko
  INSTALL sound/synth/snd-util-mem.ko
  INSTALL sound/usb/snd-usb-audio.ko
  INSTALL sound/usb/snd-usb-lib.ko
  INSTALL sound/usb/usx2y/snd-usb-usx2y.ko
if [ -r System.map -a -x /sbin/depmod ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map
  2.6.12-12mdkcustom; fi

Any ideas as to how abouts solving this and get it to finish compiling.

I've tried the obove steps with the 2.6.14 kernal with much the same
results.

Yours
dan