[Klug-general] Scanner problem

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 16 12:30:20 GMT 2005

Erm - reference my last...apologies all round, my error - sorry for
that. I said I wasn't very clued up on Linux/

sane-find-scanner DOES work (I missed out the first hyphen) but reports
there is no scanner to find. My Mandriva software installation routine
reports that all the sane software has been installed.

sane-find-scanner always used to find my scanner as, I think, a /dev
device (well it would wouldn't it?). However there is a /dev/scsi
sub-directory and that has the directories
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target3/lun0 which I assume is my scsi card for the
scanner. There seems to be nothing else.

Any thoughts would be most welcome

Mike Rentell
in Folkestone