[Klug-general] Scanner problem

Michael E. Rentell treasurer at airship-association.org
Wed Nov 16 15:27:59 GMT 2005

Thanks for being so prompt George. No it is a scsi.

I've since rebooted and immediately done a sane-find-scanner and it
found it OK on /dev/sg0

But as soon as I tried to address it with scanimage or any of the
Mandriva gui apps it failed and then sane-find-scanner doesn't find it.

I have to reboot to find it again, but nothing works.

Baffled.

MikeR

George Prowse wrote:

> Just quickly, is this a USB device?

> On 11/16/05, *Michael E. Rentell* <michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
> <mailto:michael.rentell at ntlworld.com>> wrote:
>
>     Erm - reference my last...apologies all round, my error - sorry for
>     that. I said I wasn't very clued up on Linux/
>
>     sane-find-scanner DOES work (I missed out the first hyphen) but
>     reports
>     there is no scanner to find. My Mandriva software installation
>     routine
>     reports that all the sane software has been installed.
>
>     sane-find-scanner always used to find my scanner as, I think, a /dev
>     device (well it would wouldn't it?). However there is a /dev/scsi
>     sub-directory and that has the directories
>     /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target3/lun0 which I assume is my scsi card
>     for the
>     scanner. There seems to be nothing else.
>
>     Any thoughts would be most welcome
>
>     Mike Rentell
>     in Folkestone

Michael E. Rentell, BA.