[Klug-general] Kerberos and AD authentication

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 16:30:40 GMT 2005

This has been something i have looked at a number of times and had
little success with. I am fine installing Linux and doing a number of
administrative jobs within Linux. However where i work we use M$
Winblows server 2003 on both our servers and have Win2k or XP on the
clients. I'm interested in using Linux (I don't feel I need to go into
the reasons) on some of the clients.

My difficulty is this, getting the Linux boxes to authenticate with
the active directory on the servers allowing the users to type in a
user name and password to use the workstations.

using log on scripts I can map network directories and other things,
its just authentication and making a home directory that has had me
completely stumped. I had a go a while ago without much success. Does
anyone here have experience with this and any hints tips or knowledge
of guides that helped?