[Klug-general] install ISO

MacGyveR macgyver at thedumbterminal.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 22:14:42 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 29 Nov 2005 14:43, Ginnie Brand wrote:
> This is really to Jo(linuxgirly) but if any one can help it would be nice
> :)
>
> How can I make my distro boot from a cd, at the mo, the only way to
> install it is to plug my hard drive into the new server and untar the
> image, what I would like to do it to be able to have the image on a
> bootable cd and install it that way, my kernel is 2.6.11.12 and I use Udev
> for devices, any help with this or a good howto for 2.6 would be great,
> thanks all
>
> Stuart

The best way to do this is to use a usbpen, as you will drive yourself mad
re-burning cd-rw's as follows:

1) prepare filesystem
2) create iso
3) burn cd
4) test cd in another machine
5) something breaks
6) goto 1

With a usbpen you can remove steps 2 & 3 at least, then once you have all the
bootup scripts, kernel and ramdisk working you can create the iso.