[Klug-general] Old(ish) but useful PC

Sue Casely meezermagic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:59:46 BST 2005

Dear Mike

If you can't find a charity to take it, I would be interested in it.
I have a spare keyboard, monitor and mouse, and Ubuntu discs.

I am doing an ECDL at college because I'm newish to computing and need
to learn a new skill so I can get back to work.  I used to be a nurse
but have a blood disease now so Nursing would be too strenuous now.
We won't be able to escape Microsoft in the working world, but I'm
keen on experimenting with Linux.  I like the idea of its ethical base
and its security.

I live in Folkestone too.  Someone else here mentioned that they live
in Hawkinge?

SueC

On 03/10/05, Karl Lattimer <karl at nncc.info> wrote:
> Thanks for bringing the eclipse to my attention, just for everyone else.
> If you want to see it you must protect your eyes, I looked through the
> platter of a floppy disk which gives a good quality picture of the
> event.
>
> Regards,
>  Karl
>
> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 10:01 +0100, Michael E. Rentell wrote:
> > G'mornin'
> >
> > Just taking a few moments out from observing the eclipse to offer a PC
> > to any charity that would like it.
> >
> > It is a Pentium with useful memory and disk space loaded with Linux (I
> > think Fedora Core 4 - but it might be Mandrake 10.)
> >
> > No screen, no keyboard, no mouse, but a useful systems box if a charity
> > can use it. To be honest it is cluttering up my second bedroom and I
> > could be doing with its removal but scrapping it seems a waste.
> >
> > Let me know and we can negotiate about it and its delivery.
> >
> > Mike Rentell
> > in Folkestone.

Sue C