[Klug-general] Meeting Topics

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 20:56:21 BST 2006

Hi all,

An idea has been thrown around that we should do a bit more in the way
of structure to our meets. Perhaps the best start is some kind of
presentation or talk on what members are using Linux for.

It could be using it for your hobby, job or just for fun. I know it can
be daunting to stand up in front of a load of people and talk about
something which you enjoy and fear that it will either send everyone to
sleep or have it shot down because someone things you've got it wrong.
Don't worry, if you've been to a meet you'll know were not like that,
and I'm a bit shy but I was able to stand up in front of 50+ people a
few weeks ago and talk for nearly an hour and I got through it, so if I
can do that anyone can.

So do I have any takers? Either here or via mail if you want to sound me
out on the topic first.

Kev,