[Klug-general] I have Democracy now

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Sun Apr 30 15:49:48 BST 2006

The_Technician wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who helped me install the newly released Democracy
> (http://www.getdemocracy.com/) application on my ubuntu powered Sony
> laptop and resolve all those nasty demendency problems. It was still
> producing errors as I left but when I got home and booted it up to see
> what the problem was it actually worked.  I wonder if a reboot helped
> :-)

Glad you got it sorted, it was a nasty one.

> It was a grear KLUG meeting and I personally learnt a lot.  See you
> all again in 30 days.

Yes that was a very enjoyable day and thanks for all those that came.

Here's a quick summary of events for those that missed it:

1. Asterisk - we managed to get two pcs linked with kphone. Almost got
the external sip gateway working - must have had some auth problem at t
he other end. On the whole not bad.

2. The Deomcracy probs above.

3. Dual screen setup under X - Did this work in the end?

4. I gave a quick look at the PHP-Fusion rebuild of the KLUG site. As
well as a quick view of the admin and front shop to the Zen-Cart online
shop I'm through together.

5. Wirelss network setup with various network cards on laptops. Worked
quite well in the end although I think we had to use ndiswapper for them
even though both SuSE10 machines said they recognised the cards.

Some photos will be going up soon on the new site (which I hope to move
to the proper kent.lug.org.uk location in the very near future).

Looking forward to the next one!

Kev,