[Klug-general] Interactive Websites

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 13:37:08 GMT 2006

On 07/12/06, Jonathan Gill <jonathan.gill at securecirt.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> > I want to know where to start what to use.
>
> I would suggest ruby on rails (www.rubyonrails.org) very simple to get
> into and easy to throw a simple site together, then extend as needed.
>
> Really its down to personal preference. Oh and which scripting language
> you know!
>
> Hope this helps a little
>
> Jonathan

Problem with ruby rails is the need to run a ruby enabled web browser.
so do anything. Ruby on Rails is not the only toolkit with this
problem.
You get a simular problem with servlets played with them once and GWT
However GWT linked to PHP does not seam like a bad idea. Does anyone
know of some standard GWT/PHP libraries for get the two to communcate.
Option 2 is to use a server in the office but I'm guessing a ADSL
connection is not going to up to running the web server this is going
to turn into.

Peter.