[Klug-general] Interactive Websites

Jonathan Gill jonathan.gill at securecirt.com
Fri Dec 15 17:14:01 GMT 2006

Hi

>> WINE IS NOT AN EMULATOR!!!!!! FFS WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN THIS, ITS
>> SERIOUSLY LIKE WATCHING PEOPLE SLAM SQUARE PEGS INTO ROUND HOLES. WINE
>> DOES NOT EMULATE IT CREATES AN INTERMEDIATE COMPATIBILITY LAYER!!!!!
>>

> I know that but most people will call it an emulator it works like
> one, it feels like one, it even has the word in its name. Its an
> internal technical issue that its not.

Let me add my 2 penny worth here... Wine (if I remember right) stands
for Wine Is Not an Emulator.  So your statement is true, but completely
wrong.

Naming things correctly is a step in the right direction. Learn what the
name means and you get an insite into what the software is about.  In
this case, it does not emulate windows, but provides a layer that
interprets the calls that windows makes and translates them to (amoung
others) X11 calls.

Yeah I know im nit picking, but it bugs me as well!

No flame ment,

Regards

Jonathan